This September, I set out to finish a duathlon; 2 mile run followed by a 19 mile bike and another 2 mile run. My friend and I decided to sign up for this without even having a bike ready to ride. I think both of us hadn't even been on our bikes for years! Our goal was only personal to know that we could do it and to help ourselves get in better shape. With that said, we are happy with our finishing performance.
My Dad called the night before the race to let me know that he was coming to support me... it was truly motivating knowing that he was there to cheer me on! He came right away in the morning before the sun even rose to say hello and help start off the race with some cheers.


The boys made the sweetest signs... Mason wrote "Go Mommy I 'heart' u" on his.
... a few more of my "fans!"
Thanks to Dad, Matt, Mason and Luke, Melissa, Kristin and Pat for coming to show your support. I truly enjoyed having you there.
